We take pride in Genki being a safe and fun place, where everybody is welcome and anybody can be free to express themselves, without harassment of any kind.
We have revised our convention policies to be clearer on this point.
We have also taken steps to make it easier to report instances of such behaviour. It is very important that if you are being harassed or are in any way endangered, you report it immediately. We cannot address anything that we are not made aware of and we need whatever detail can be provided, such as names, or other descriptive information.
The following behaviours are not allowed at Genki:
- Disruptive or unsafe behaviour that disturbs attendees, volunteers, guests, or exhibitors.
- Sleeping in convention space
- Physical or verbal harassment of volunteers, guests, exhibitors, or other attendees
- Destruction or defacement of Convention Center.
- Sexual misconduct such as indecent exposure, offensive touching, or sexual harassment
- Unwanted touching without permission of the individual such as glomping, hugging, etc.
- Any activity prohibited by law.
Cosplay is not consent. Keep your hands to yourself. If you would like to take a picture with or of another Genki Attendee, always ask first and respect that person’s right to say no. When at Genki, be respectful, be nice, be cool and be kind to each other.
These rules apply to all volunteers, guests, exhibitors, or other attendees.